Century City Sports Festival
Join us for the annual Century City Sports Festival taking place on Friday 4th March 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Central Park, Century City will play host to the Touch Rugby Component of the Festival
- The Event will take place on Friday 4 March 2022.
- Schools (*School Rep. teams only – No Club Teams*) 15h00 – 18h00 – R350 per team
- Corporate and Open Section 18h30 – 22h30 – R550 per team
- Registration for each section will be 45 minutes prior to the tournament starting time.
- STRICT COVID SCREENING & PROTOCOLS! Late arrivals for registration will be disqualified
- Entries will be on a first come first served basis. There is a maximum capacity of 16 teams per competition.
- Only Pre-registered teams will be accepted
All teams may consist of 8 players (or less) with a maximum 5 players on the field at one time. (School Girls Section – As per 2020, 5 players due to small field)
Fax and Website entries will be accepted until Wednesday 26 February at 17:00 or until the capacity has been reached.
- Fax number: 086 641 8118 or website http://in2touchsa.spawtz.com/spawtzskin/registration/teamregistrationvenuechoice.aspx
- Competition format will be announced at registration and is subject to the numbers of entries and space available.
- Right of admission reserved.
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
There will be a range of activities for kids of all ages. Teams are encouraged to make a real family experience!
- A number of hospitality options are available to all teams. If you are interested in these options, please email email@example.com and the information will be provided.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT AND PROVISOS
Depending on the number of teams entered, there will either be a Round Robin followed by a knock out, or a straight Knock out format.
- If Round Robin, each team can expect to play a minimum of three (3) games in its respective pool. If Knock out, each team will play a minimum of 2 games.
- The duration of a game is between 10 and 12 minutes (depending on the number of teams) with an immediate changeover at half time. The organizers maintain the right to shorten or lengthen games to keep to the schedule
- A central timer will be used to start and finish games.
- All team members must be registered on the team sheet.
- No individual may play for more than one team on the day
- “FIT” 6 Down Touch Rules will be used in the Girls Schools Competition and “In 2 Touch” 1 Touch Tournament Rules will be applied in Boys Schools Competition and the Open/Corporate Tournament with second half player elimination rules to be applied.
INDEMNITY AND RIGHT OF ADMISSION
§ In 2 Touch, Century City, officials and all sponsors cannot be held liable for any damages or injuries arising from any individuals, team’s or company’s participation on the day.
- In 2 Touch reserve the right of admission and will expel any individuals who fail to comply with the rules and conditions of the tournament.
- *In special cases, a deviation from this rule may apply, however, teams may not be eligible for knockout sections and prizes…*